Above: Jose Rueda, Chair of TEDxPearlRiver introduces TEDxManitoba to attendees and the greater audience participating through the live stream.
TEDxManitoba & Your Mission
TEDXManitoba aims to develop a community of like-minded, highly informed and engaged innovators, designers, thinkers, technologists and socially concerned individuals in the heart of Canada. By hosting some of the world’s most fascinating speakers, TEDXManitoba will spark discussion and spread ideas in an atmosphere of community, sharing, and action.
Emergence: Culture, Technology & Community
Emergence is happening all around us. Small, interconnected, and seemingly disorganized occurrences and interactions are formulating to produce new ideas in culture, technology, and community.
Each idea is like a seed. It must germinate in fertile soil before it musters the strength to surge towards the light of day. Emergence from the ground is not the end, but the beginning. This is where we are today – the start of a journey together.
Your mission, as a TEDxManitoba attendee, is to help grow and spread these ideas – your networks are the branches; the acts inspired are the leaves. Help this tree of emerging ideas grow and reach a sky of infinite possibilities.
Help change the world one idea, one act, one life at a time.
2011 Event Photos
TEDxManitoba 2012 Press
- ‘Sleepy’ immune system might fight HIV – TEDxManitoba speaker Frank Plummer featured on CBC news, February 16, 2011.
- Ideas Fly Fast at Conference – The Winnipeg Free Press, February 16, 2011.
- Manitoba Ultrasound Project – TEDxManitoba speaker Karen Letourneau featured on The National, February 15, 2011.
- Ultrasound technician sets new care standard – TEDxManitoba speaker Karen Letourneau featured on CBC news, February 15, 2011.
- Thinkers and doers unite! – Uptown Magazine, February 10, 2011.
- Spreading the word can help create communities. – The Herald, January 26, 2011.
- Technology and innovation at the heart of TEDxManitoba – The Uniter (University of Winnipeg), November 11, 2010.
- Radio interview with Norman Lee, TEDxManitoba head organizer – UMFM (University of Manitoba)
- Press Release announcing TEDxManitoba – November 2, 2010.