1. What motivates you?
Being able to research and understand something in great detail and then relaying that info to people in a fun and easily digestible way.
2. What do you do for a living and what do you love about it?
I work in advertising as a senior copywriter and marketing strategist. My field is incredibly rewarding because I get to spend my days coming up with creative ways to solve business challenges.
3. Why are you excited to speak at TEDx?
After three years of research, I’m excited about sharing my findings with anybody interested in learning more about Winnipeg’s past and the history of advertising.
4. Which TED (or TEDx) talk do you think everyone should watch?
Joe Smith: How to use a paper towel. It highlights how small changes can make a huge impact.
5. What is you idea worth spreading?
From names to slogans to brands, you can see the history of advertising and our city unfold over the course of a 15 minutes walk. How we market to people has changed a lot over the last century and each fading ad in the Exchange District has a story to sell.
6. What is a book you have recommended more than twice?