Monique Fox is a mother, personal stylist, hair and makeup artist, fashion blogger, YouTuber, model, vintage enthusiast, party planner, professional thrifter and social media personality better known as Style Hunter Fox.
With the growing, global need for sustainable fashion practices, Monique promotes her “Shop With Heart” mantra of supporting local designers and small businesses, and thrifting whenever possible. She wants everyone to not only look fabulous but to feel great about how they got there.
We sat down with her to get to know hew a bit better before she takes the stage at TEDxWinnipeg 2019:
1. Why are you excited to speak at TEDxWinnipeg?
It’s amazing to feel like a new member of the prestigious TEDx family! I am both thrilled and intimidated to share my idea on that red rug.
2. What’s the best book you read last year?
Scion of the Fox by S. M. Beiko. Reading a fantasy book that takes place in Winnipeg blew my mind.
3. Complete this sentence: “I am mostly a __________ thinker.”
I am mostly an outside-of-the-box thinker
4. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Bringing a creative, photo shoot vision to life with a talented team that gets how you think.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would like to be better at making long term goals. But next week is looking fantastic!
6. What do you do with a completely free evening or weekend?
I would tackle the costume and mending pile while binge watching Queer Eye.