1. Why are you excited to speak at TEDxWinnipeg?
I am excited because TEDx gives me the opportunity to share my idea with a wide audience.
2. What is your idea worth spreading?
My idea is about the importance of connecting various fields together in order to solve real world problems. I focused on bio-inspired computing in particular and explored the evolving connection between biologists and computer-scientists. I believe that my idea is worth spreading because it is very important for us as humans to utilize all of our expertise to solve evermore complex problems.
3. Who inspires you, and why?
One person that inspires me is Mark Zuckerberg. He was born into a fairly conventional circumstances, and through hard work he’s completely changed the world.
4. What is your greatest fear?
5. What’s on your playlist at the moment?
I can’t even say, my playlist is constantly changing.
6. What do you do with a completely free evening or weekend?
When I’m completely free, I’ll probably work on my science project, prepare for an upcoming debate tournament, or if I’m particularly lazy that day I’ll play on my Xbox.
7. What TED Talk do you think everyone should see?
Tim Urban’s “Inside The Mind of a Master Procrastinator.”
I think there’s an ‘instant gratification monkey’ in all of us, and Tim Urban does an excellent job describing how we can actually be productive.